Congratulations to the teams that won last week’s playoff matches. The Crew, Racketeers, and ClowninAround all advance to the next round. Therefore, the next round of playoff matches are set.
Round 2 – May 12th, 2015 Tournament Matches
- Match D – 8Up vs ClowninAround (Winner Match A) – Jager Tavern
- Match E – Over the Hill Gang vs The Crew (Winner Match B) – Rendezvous Lounge
- Match F – Boston Strong vs Racketeers (Winner Match C) – Hob Nob 57 tavern
- Match G – Naked Sticks Too vs Sharks – Cracker Jacks
Round 3 – May 19th, 2015 (Locations to be announced)
- Match H – Winner D vs Winner G
- Match I – Winner E vs Winner F
Round 4 – May 26th, 2015 (Location to be announced)
- Match J – Winner H vs Winner I (Championship Match)
- Match K – Loser H vs Loser I (Consolation match for 3rd Place)
Teams will use final player handicaps during the playoffs and are responsible for paying the normal weekly player/team fees. Teams are seeded based on their rankings at the end of the regular season. Post-Season Matches are scheduled at neutral locations. Team captains will flip to determine which team is considered home team. The captain that wins the flip chooses to be the home or visiting and the loser of the flip chooses the table that will be used for match play. Due to the fact we will be using neutral locations, matches will use the balls and racks provided by the location. Teams may use other object balls, cue balls, and/or racks as long as BOTH teams agree to use them.
A team advances to the next round by winning the majority (3 or more) of round points available for the match. Majority of wins (13 or more) will be used in the event that teams tie with 2 round points each. If a tie still exists, a single sudden death game will decide the team that will advance in the playoffs. The visiting team will pick a player to play in the sudden death and announce that player to the home team. The home team will then choose a player to compete against the visiting team’s player. They will play one game. The team will advance if their player wins the game by either legally pocketing the 9-ball or having their opponent pocketing the 9-ball while committing a foul.
The winner of this tournament will become our champions and will win 5 entries ($250 value) into the singles 9-ball competition at the 2015 ACS Florida State Championships. The remaining tournament purse will be divided between the top three finishes at a ratio of:
- 1st place – 40% of remaining tournament purse
- 2nd place 35% of remaining tournament purse
- 3rd place 25% of remaining tournament purse