Well, this is it. It’s hard to believe, but the end of our season is finally here. Hopefully, everyone made the shots you wanted to make, won the games you wanted to win, and achieved the goals you set for the season. Just remember, there’s always next year if you missed out on some of your goals.
Please take the time to “thank” our officers. We meet every week and talk on the phone sometimes multiple times in a week. Not to mention the work we’re doing on our end of season banquet. Rob, Ralph, and Don have done a great job this year and should be commended!
Now let’s get started with….
League Vote for Best Location, Most Fun Team, Captain of the Year, etc
First, thanks to all the captains who have already voted. There are only three teams that have not voted this year. They are:
Moose Rackers – Shoot or Die – Aim to Thrill
These three teams need to get their votes in. As of today, there is one category that has a straight up tie. Another category has one vote separating the winner from the runner up. So, let’s get those votes in so that we can have a clear cut winner.
2015-16 Annual Banquet – April 30th at Sun-N-Fun
I purposely combined the coversheet with the stats sheets and the banquet flyer. I just want to ensure everyone knows about this year’s banquet. This tournament is for all Monday Night 8-Ball and Tuesday Night 9-Ball players. We all know it’s a great time. We just want to ensure every player knows the date so that they don’t miss out on all the fun.
We are hosting two pool tournaments. One for players with averages up to 7.5 and one for averages 8.0 and up. These are round up averages. Please note, we do reserve the right to move a player based on their known skill.
DJ and Catered Food. This year we have a DJ to help us keep the party going. Plus, a local chef will be catering our meal.
Raffle Prizes and 50/50. Did I mention we’re going to have a lot of raffle prizes? Right now, we have almost 200 different raffle prizes. Prizes that include three (that’s right 3) different flat screen tv’s, six different cues that include McDermott brands and Dale Perry Custom 1/1 cues, billiards accessories, cue maintenance items, and more. If I remember right, last year’s 50/50 hit over $400. Isn’t that right Derek? How great is that to come to a banquet and walk out with over $400 cash!!! I don’t know what else to say about the banquet, except:
Position Round for March 27th
Did you think I was ever going to get to the position matches? First, the formalities…
- 1st place team plays the 2nd place team, 3rd place team plays the 4th place team, etc, etc,etc,
- Matches were randomly scheduled at neutral locations. The schedule is listed below.
- Pool tables were randomly assigned to matches played at locations that are hosting more than one position match.
- Locations and Pool Table assignments CAN NOT and will not be changed.
- Flip to determine home team. The winner of the flip can choose to be home or visitors. The loser of the flip chooses the table to be played at locations with only one match scheduled. (Otherwise play on your assigned tables)
- Home Team Captains – You are the official score sheet for your match. Match envelopes with Scoresheets and weekly fees must be turned in by 6pm on Wednesday night immediately following your match. Home team captains will be fined for late envelopes.
Position Matches and Locations
- KrunchTime vs 8-Ball Hustlers at Rendezvous on table by back door
- Shank and Bank vs Naked Sticks at Rendezvous on table by front door
- Primtime vs Shoot or Die at Entersection Bar and Grill
- Sharks vs TakeDown at Eagles Club on table closest to Jukebox
- Who’s Next vs Hard 8 at Jager Tavern
- Cool Shots vs Aim to Thrill at 8-Ball on table closest to Jukebox
- Ball Breakers vs The Crew at the Moose Club
- Solids and Stripes vs Nothing but Trouble at Legion
- Miscue Madness vs Pool Cats at 8-Ball on table closest to back door
- Odd Balls vs MooseRackers at Eagles Club on table closest to windows
- Smokin 8’s vs Screamin Eagles at 57 Tavern
Have a great night!