Collecting State Championships Team Entries
Fraternal Order of Eagles #4424
Monday, July 9th at 7pm
We will be at the Fraternal Order of Eagles this coming Monday, July 9th at 7pm to collect your state team rosters and greens fees. Please note, the entries must be postmarked by July 13th. Therefore, we need to ensure all teams give us their rosters. I have attached a roster form and a tournament information sheet to this email.
Couple of quick reminders:
- Every team that played last season is eligible to receive their 8-ball team entry (excluding greens fees) paid for by the league.
- Players must be from our Monday Night ACS 8-Ball League only. Your team cannot use the free entry if you use players from other ACS nights.
- Captains have priority on the entries.
- Should a captain/team not use their entry – This entry would be made available for Monday Night ACS 8-Ball players who can create a team following state rules.
- There are already two entries not being used.
- These entries will be provided on a first come – first serve basis.
- One team is already in line for one of these entries.
- Players are responsible for paying their greens fee. This is a one time $20 per player fee.
- Players are also responsible for paying their own singles and/or scotch doubles entry.
2018 ACS Florida State Championships Update
2018 ACS Florida State Championships
July 26th – 29th
Ramada Inn – Sarasota
- For any team that doesn’t realize it, the tournament is in our own backyard. The Ramada Inn is just north of the airport. Making it very convenient for our league.
- There is a new league from Orlando that sanctioned.
- As of this email, we are expecting 40 plus teams to compete in this year’s ACS Florida State Championships. That’s 10 more teams than last year. We’re expecting an exciting tournament!
- The Ramada Inn has discounted their room rates to $69 for city view and $79 for waterfront room. That is a very good rate. Information on how to book can be found at http://sunshinestateacs.com/discounted-room-rates-for-2018-state-championships/
- CompuSport – This year’s tournament will use CompuSport to manage the brackets. This will make it easier for players/teams to know when and who they are playing.
- There is an official patch being sold a this year’s tournament. Cost is $5. Proceeds will help pay for trophies and compusport.
There is one issue at the Ramada Inn this year. They are remodeling the tiki bar and restaurant. Originally, these were supposed to be ready for our tournament. They will not be ready. The hotel is working on putting together a couple bars and setting them up in our tournament rooms. Similar to last year. They are also working on providing a limited food menu. We are also working with the restaurant next door to work out a runner for breakfast food and/or food from them. So, we should be well covered when it comes to food and drink.
Please let your officers know if you have any questions or concerns.